Mike Kluge’s FUTURE NIGHT this Friday at Boheme Collectif promises to the best of the series so far. Of particular interest to Theatre Intangible listeners and Circuit Benders’ Ball fans is the Electric Petting Zoo, an interactive art gallery from Noon to 6pm.
The petting zoo features T.I. participants and Benders’ Ball alums such as Andrew Morrill, Zach Adams, Josh Gumiela, and Morgan Higby-Flowers. Here’s the full list of interactive artist:
- Zach Adams (CMKT4, Nashville Robotic Philharmonic): Circuit-bent installation.
- Brains Bayley: Trippy kaleidoscope installation.
- Tyler Blankenship: Large silver sound-and-light emitting pyramid.
- Josh Gumiela: Interactive audio/visual install. Mike Kluge says, “Trust me, you will want to see it!”
- Linda Heck : Something involving mics inserted into stuffed animals.
- Morgan Higby-Flowers: I’m not sure what he has planned for the installation, but if it’s as half as cool as what he did at Noa Noa Experimental Series #2, then I’m sold.
- Andrew Morrill (Brain Lesion): Noise circuits.
- Russ White: Reactive sound-and-color organ.
At 8pm the music begins, featuring Sacramento, California band Pregnant. This band is doing extremely innovative things under the guise of pop music, and I can’t wait to see them live. Check out their video below. They remind me a bit of Bird Names, tUnE-yArDs, and Solex.
Also on the bill is the aforementioned Morgan Higby-Flowers and master DJ / friend of Theatre Intangible Quiet Entertainer.
The full list of performers:
For more info, check out the Facebook event page.
FUTURE NIGHT Experimental Art and Music Showcase
July 5th, 2013
12pm-6pm gallery, 8pm performances
byob, $8 (gallery and show) $5 (gallery) $5 (show). Click here for tickets.
@ Boheme Collectif
919 Gallatin Ave, Space 8, Nashville, TN, 37206